Thursday September 19th and Friday September 20th will be dedicated to plenary and parallel sessions with presentations of research results, networking sessions, discussion sessions and panels.
Parallel sessions to present and discuss research results will include:
- Climate Change Impacts on Society & Livelihoods
- Climate Change & Economic Development
- Climate Change Impact on Land Use & Agriculture
- Politics & legislation in Climate Change
- Climate Change, Energy production & Consumption
- Climate Change and its Challenges for Urban Planning & Tourism
- Changing Climate and its Impact on Aquaculture
- Climate Change and its Challenges for Water Resources, Security and Management
Two discussion panels will take place on Friday:
Panel 1: Supporting Climate Change Research and Education in Southeast Asia, to raise awareness on the channels available for institutions in Southeast Asia to get support to develop high quality Climate Change research.
Panel 2: Next Climate Change Challenges for the Lower Mekong Basin Region and Reflection on Past Actions, to summarise the main findings of the conference and create an overarching discussion that can reflect the status quo of R&D in climate change in the region, its main obstacles and the future prospective.
Saturday September 21st a Climate Change excursion is being organised to visit the Can Gio Biosphere reserve and research centre (departure 7.30 am; return 1.00 pm). The cost is 810.000 VND /person (~32 euro), including lunch. Any interested must pay in cash during the conference registration on the first day. Keep returning to this page for updated information!
The Conference Program is available to download below. (updated on 18/09 due to change in a panelist Friday morning session)