The workshop has been closing with successful discussion and come out with clear ideas for future collaboration on the issues mentioned, and all participants has been agreed to set up 3 research topic/proposal on
- Develop the weather forecasting system, apply more climate modeling by sharing knowledge between faculties and ministries level in order to prevent the damage. It would be under capacity building component
- Using ground water by generated power from solar energy for smart farming/innovation agriculture
- Integrate climate change adaption approach between traditional knowledge and innovation in order to apply for smart and sustainable agriculture
With this integration workshop between researchers, lecturers, professors and policy makers in order to brainstorming, sharing ideas and issues from each sector and discuss to find good solution as well as further collaboration, and networks.
Overall the seminar aimed to
- Sharing information from relevance institution for climate change actions in Lao PDR in order to exchange knowledge, working experiences, and best practices in demonstration site in local community in Lao PDR on climate change adaptation, mitigations, innovation and sustainable development
- Identify measures for the substantive integration of different stakeholders on climate change impacts and adaptation
- Discussing on the basis of the received inputs cooperation for technological research projects.